Sunday 15 March 2009

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Sight - Part1)

How is my 'eyesight' as I look at myself and the circumstances around me? How do I see myself and the time I am living in?

Looking at things only from a natural viewpoint will severely limit the effectiveness of our walk with the Lord. We are to view things the way that God does. The Scripture says, 'While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.'
[2Cor4.18]

All that we do and the manner in which we spend our time and energies should be from an eternal perspective. The time that remains is short. The Lord Jesus is coming back.
[Rom13.11-14, 1Cor7.29-31,1Pet4.7, 2Pet3.10-15]

Am I using my time wisely? Do I attach the same values to activities that God has. Am I maximising my time to see God's kingdom come in my life? All that we achieve in this life will be tested by fire. Will what I have done be burnt up or endure such testing?
[1Cor3.10-15]

Living in a physical world, we can be dominated by our five senses and the activities of our physical life, yet a spiritual world exists that is equally real. A world that we will become fully aware of once this life is over. We need to be living in a state of awareness of God's presence and of His purposes for our lives and allow that reality to impact every relationship, every activity and every word.

May we so seek God that His reality becomes our greater reality. That His truth becomes our primary influence, and we live our lives with maximum effectiveness for our Lord and Saviour.

No comments: