Sunday 17 May 2009

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Open Book)

Our lives are like pages of a book. Yet it is not a book hidden from view, but known and read of all that we come into contact with. What do others read from the pages they see of my life?
[2Cor3.2]

Does my life story display a life that is submitted to God? A life where the grace of God is in operation? When the world reads the pages, do they see that although I may experience the same 'sun and rain' as them that there is a divine difference in how I pass through? Is the fruit of a character that is being moulded by the Lord evident to others?

We are always being watched and read by those around us, even when it is not apparent. Let us remember that to some we may be the only pages they read that will speak of Christ the Saviour.

May the book of my life that is being written day by day be a consistent reflection of Christ, a story of God's working in a life that is consecrated to Him. May the message written in those pages be clear and easily understood by others, that through me God may reach out and save those that are reading.

No comments: