Wednesday 24 December 2008

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Alignment)

The Christian life is one of walking in the grace of God. We can never earn the rights to God's favour through our own righteousness and achievements. All we will ever receive from God both now and throughout eternity is solely on account of Christ Jesus and all He has done for us.
[Eph2.8-9]

Yet the Scriptures have many examples that show we need to bring our lives into alignment with what God has spoken in order to experience the fulness of the life we see available to us in His Word.

I can be desiring many things from God, wishing to see much change in my own life and circumstances around me, but is my life aligned with the promises I wish to see unfold in my life and the conditions that accompany them? Is my life conforming to God's Word or conforming to the pattern of this world?
[Rom12.2]

Each day I may desire to walk in God's protection, to know His healing power in my physical frame, to experience His strength, to know the blessings of answered prayer, to see His will performed in my life.

But in order to see those desires fulfilled, am I seeking to dwell in the secret place of the most high God? Am I full of faith and expelling doubt? Do I wait upon the Lord in expectation and trust at all times and especially in times of weakness? Am I keeping His commandments and doing those things that are pleasing in His sight?
[Ps91.1-2,3-16, Matt9.21-22, Luke17.19, Jam5.15, Heb11.6, Is40.31, 1John3.22-23]

God's promises are the ground that faith walks on, but the accompanying conditions are like a permit that gives access to the ground of the promise.

Through the operation of God's grace, by faith may I take hold of His promises and walk consistently in their conditions. Hence aligning my life so that I may have the joy of seeing God work His Word into the fabric of my life.


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: