Tuesday 9 December 2008

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Change)

Am I open to change in my life? Am I looking to see my circumstances change or me to change within my circumstances?

Our journey as believers in Christ should be one of perpetual change. A genuine salvation experience results in a radical change of one's life. It moves us out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God's Son, changing us from a lifestyle that ends in death to a new pathway that leads to life. Changing from glory to glory, from faith to faith. A pathway that gets brighter and brighter.
[Eph5.8, Col1.13, 2Cor3.18, Rom1.17, Prov4.18]

Such should be my experience, but the enemy of our souls would lure us into getting comfortable with where we have attained, causing us to become resistant to change and blinding us from seeing the deeper consecration we are called to and the ongoing pursuit of holiness that is needed.
[Heb12.14, Rev3.15-18]

The goal of our lives is to know Christ, to become like Him - a life long experience. Taking our focus off the goal set before us will remove the point of reference for our lives. It will remove the plumbline against which we should be building and leave us without a compass to know where we are.

I need to always have an attitude of humility and an openness to see my spiritual progress in the light of the Scriptures and be willing to realign myself. I need to be letting go and forsaking those things in my life which are unlike Christ Jesus, changing what I do and how I speak, never settling, ever moving onward, until God brings to completion the work He began in me and takes me into the glorious eternity He has prepared for us.
[Phil1.6, Ps138.8, John14.3, 1Thess4.17]


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: