Saturday 13 December 2008

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Boundaries)

What sort of framework am I building my life within? In Hosea 5.4 God speaks of Ephraim and Israel as those that 'will not frame their doings to turn unto their God.'

How am I ordering my life? Is the structure of my life focussed around growing in the knowledge of God or consumed with worldly affairs? Am I seeing my life as a time of preparation for an eternity that Jesus has gone ahead of me to prepare, or am I shortsighted, only concentrating on the here and now?
[Phil3.7-11,18-19, 1John3.2-3, 2Pet1.9-11]

A frame defines the boundary of a picture. How do I define the boundaries of my life? How do I judge what is acceptable for me as a follower of Christ and what is compliant with the high calling that I have received in following Him?

The boundaries of my life should not be the cold stones of legalism and regulation but borders drawn up from relationship with Christ as the map and His Word as the markers.

May my life be steered according to the principles of seeking to live by what brings direct pleasure to the Lord and what edifies and strengthens me in my walk with Him.
[Col1.10-11]


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: