Friday 5 September 2008

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Values)

How highly do I value the Lord and knowing Him?

If someone were to look at the details of my life, how I spend my time, the subjects of my conversations, what occupies my thoughts - would they conclude that the Lord is precious to me, that He is highly valued, and a treasure to my life . . or other things more so?

In Phil 3.7-15 the Apostle Paul provides us with an insight into how much Christ Jesus should mean to us. He considers all that was previously gain and advantage to him as refuse in order that he may gain/win Christ and know Him.
It is so easy in this life to have our vision clouded so that the temporal things of this world draw our attention and corrupt our value system. There is nothing in this world that can compare to the privilege and wonder of knowing the Lord. Do I believe that? do I live by that?

In a world where all around us everything moves so fast, let us step off the treadmill of the world's ways and focus upon the One with Whom we will spend eternity and to Whom we owe our lives.

Let us press into knowing Him.


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: