Sunday 16 November 2008

Thoughts for reflection . . . (with me)

One of the greatest consolations in the new life we have in Christ and as followers of Him is the bedrock promise that God is with us. The basis of my living life totally free from all fear is that God says, 'I am with thee.'

In Gal3.6-7,9 we learn that those of faith are children of Abraham and blessed with faithful Abraham. In Rom11.17 we see that God has grafted us as believers into the olive tree that Israel were of, so that we partake of the same 'root and fatness.' Also 2Cor1.20 declares that all the promises of God in Christ are 'yes and in Him Amen' - confirmed, available and ours to partake of.

In light of the above truths what great comfort and strength we can take from the Lord God saying, 'When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee' (Is43.2), 'Fear thou not, for I am with thee.' (Is41.10), 'I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.'(Heb13.5), and 'because he has set his love on Me . . I will be with him in trouble' (Ps91.14-15). And Jesus words, 'I am with you alway.' (Matt28.20)

What an awesome truth: Even though I was formally alienated from God and His enemy (Col1.21, Rom5.10, Jam4.4), yet the infinite, eternal, all powerful, creator of all things has reconciled me and is with me. Whatever circumstances I face, whatever the future may hold, He is with me. As David wrote in Psalm23, 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me. . .'

I need never be shaken by anything, God is with me. My life can be full of hope and expectation because God is with me. My steps onward into the destiny that God has for me can be with confidence and boldness, knowing that God is with me. What a privilege, what wonder!


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: