Sunday 30 November 2008

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Mirror)

Our lives are like mirrors: they are a reflection of the influences we expose our lives to and the condition of our hearts.

What am I reflecting when others look at me, and come into contact with my life?

God's plan for our lives as believers is to conform us to the image of the Lord Jesus (Rom8.29). Our lives should be increasingly reflecting the character and wisdom of Christ in every compartment of our being. Am I growing in purity, peacableness, gentleness? Am I easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy? (Jam3.17) Are those qualities spoken of in 2Pet1.5-7 present in me and abounding?

The Scriptures reveal this process of change as involving the likeness of our looking into another mirror, referring to the Word of God (2Cor3.18, Jam1.22-25).

God's Word contains within it the revelation of the glory of God, and this is found in the face of the Lord Jesus (2Cor4.6) - the Scriptures reveal Jesus to us. As we expose ourselves to God's Word gazing into it with the intent of finding Christ and of being doers of what it says (Jam1.22-25), then as the Lord reveals Himself to us, we will experience change within ourselves by the work of the Holy Spirit. The fruit of that Word will start reflecting out to others - they will see Jesus in us.

May I choose to sit at the feet of the Lord exposed to His life changing Word (Luke10.39), closing the door on this world's influence over me, in order that my life may transparently show Jesus to others.


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: