Saturday 17 January 2009

Thoughts for reflection . . . (Stayed)

One of the secrets of our walking in peace amidst every circumstance will be the governing of the direction and content of the thoughts of our minds.

The promise in Scripture is that 'He will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusts in Thee.'
[Is26.3-4]

The field of our mind is the scene of many a battle, the outcome of which will influence whether I live in faith or doubt, trust or worry and fear, humility or pride, in purity or lust. Uncontrolled, our mind can lead to us to a place of weakness, vulnerability and ultimate failure, yet a mind fenced in by the protection of the instruction of Scripture and whose thoughts are governed by the Holy Spirit will be as a city protected by defensive walls.
[2Cor10.3-5]

My mind must be stayed upon God, trusting in Him. In all times and seasons my thoughts should lean upon Him that has redeemed me. Thoughts of His greatness, faithfulness and mercy. Thoughts of His everlasting, ever abiding presence with me. Thoughts of the supreme King and Ruler over all, Who holds me in His hand.

Dwelling on the greatness of my God and King will shrink the size of the giants I face. Envisioning the bountifulness of the 'Lord who provides' will bring faith when in time of need. Thinking upon the One Who is mighty to save and deliver will endue me with courage to face that which would seek to bring fear into my life.
[Ps77.13, 86.10, 95.3, Gen22.14, Zeph3.17, Ps56.13]

May I renew my mind through God's Word, choosing to think on those things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy, shutting my life and heart to those activities which would pollute and compromise my life in Christ, leaving me in a place of trust in God that results in ultimate peace.
[Phil4.8]


- sent from Palm T|T3

No comments: